>The CIO Support Service Framework (CSSF) has 5 major components:
- Enterprise Architecture–for strategic, tactical, and operational planning
- Capital Planning & Investment Control (or IT governance)–for managing the IT investment decision process (i.e. “putting those plans to work”)
- Project Management (or a project management office)–to effectively execute on the programs and projects in the transition strategy
- Customer Relationship Management (or IT service management)–for managing service and support to our customer (i.e. with a single–belly button; one call does it all)
- Business Performance Management–how we measure & drive performance (like with an IT executive dashboard–so we know whether we are hitting the target or not!)
Together these five areas make up a holistic and synergistic set of CIO support functions.
So that we move the mindset of the CIO from fighting day to day operational problems to instead strategically managing IT service provision through:
This is how we are going to achieve genuine success for the CIO in the 21st century and beyond.