This was a strange sight today…
A blue broom stuck in a flag pole holder from the second floor window of this building.
I wasn’t sure if this was someone just trying to be funny (probably)–and hopefully they meant no disrespect to our honorable stars and stripes.
However, this being Washington, D.C., I wondered whether this blue broom standing in the pole holder was more of a (subtle) message about it being time to:
1) Clean up waste, fraud, and abuse and do the right thing for our citizens and our nation.
2) Wipe away our national deficit and right our fiscal ship.
3) Address our environmental and sustainability issues leaving our water, air, and land in “broom clean” condition.
4) Sweep through and resolve our sizable and challenging national and global problems.
5) Brush under our differences and partisanship and instead, unite together as Americans for the cause of freedom and human rights.
6) All of the above
Maybe I am reading too much into a blue-brushed broom flying over the skyline, but I like the message anyway and hope you do too.
(Source Photo: Andy Blumenthal)