(A lot of poverty in Vegas too, but this guy had a sense of humor about it.)
10. Vegas has 2 million residents, but 40 million visitors a year.
9. MGM Grand is the 2nd largest hotel in the world with almost 7,000 rooms.
8. The Bellagio hotel (with the amazing fountain in front choreographed to music) cost $8.5 billion and is one of the top 10 hotels in the world.
7. The light from the top of the Pyramid at the Luxor Hotel can be seen from the moon.
6. A church on the way to the Grand Canyon from Vegas in painted in Mary Kay pink.
5. There are a pair of mountains called the Dolly Parton Mountains (at least that what our “wise-guy” tour guide called them)
4. A range of mountains looks like the face of Abraham Lincoln lying down.
3. The Hoover Dam, one of the largest government projects of the time was completed nearly two years early and a few million under budget (can you believe that?)
2. There are 600 Elvis impersonators, including a midget and a 450 pound man.
1. You can get married at the Say I Do Drive Thru for only $45!
And one for good luck…prostitution is illegal. 😉
Last one…The Democrats and Republican fought over naming the “Hoover Dam” after President Hoover, a Republican (what a surprise?)
(Source Photo: Andy Blumenthal)
I pay a quick visit every day some web sites and sites
to read content, but this blog presents feature based articles.
I think everything posted was very logical. However, what
about this? suppose you were to write a awesome title?
I mean, I don’t wish to tell you how to run your blog, however what if you added a title that
grabbed people’s attention? I mean 10 Vegas Fun Facts |
andyblumenthal is kinda plain. You should look at Yahoo’s front page and see how they write news
titles to get viewers interested. You might add a video or a related
pic or two to get people interested about everything’ve got to say.
In my opinion, it might bring your posts a little
bit more interesting.