It is from the Cooper-Hewitt National Design Museum in NYC (and if I am ever back in town there, I’d like to go there).
I like this logo a lot…everything from DE*SIGN to all the descriptions of design and why it’s so important to us.
– “Design is art people use.” (Design is artisitic and creative)
– “Design is communication.” (A picture is worth a thousand words)
– “Design is the stuff around us.” (It’s practical and functional)
– “Design is a verb.” (Design is something we do from coming up with the concept to creating the end product)
– “Design is systems.” (Design is how we format and package and is integral to making the content easy to use and come alive)
– “Design is a way of thinking.” (Design is big-picture thinking that connects the dots)
– “Design is problem-solving.” (Design uses visualization to understand and think through process and problems).
A good designer is invaluable and design is absolutely cool. 😉
(Source Photo: Andy Blumenthal)