I really liked this T-shirt.
It says volunteer, but in three rows like this:
So in the center is ONE!
When we give of ourselves, we shed our billions of individual selfish natures to be one–with humanity and with G-d.
These days, seeing from how shattered and fractured this nation and world is, it is just a dream again for unity.
– The fighting between different races and castes of people
– The fighting between rich and poor
– The fighting between communities or family members
– The fighting between unarmed (and armed) civilians and police
– The fighting between republicans and democrats
– The fighting between proponents and opponents of X, Y, or Z policy, person, place, or thing
– The fighting between governed and those who govern
– The fighting between terrorists and terrorized
– The fighting between religions and within religions
– The fighting between East and West
– The fighting between good and evil
This reminds me learning in yeshiva from Zechariah 14:9 (when the destroyers of Jerusalem will themselves be destroyed)”
“And the L-rd will be king over all the Earth. On that day, the L-rd will be one and his name one.”
Oneness–unity–peace is a vision and a goal.
With unity we recognize our ONE true maker and guider of all creation.
And with unity we seek and find solutions to the world’s big problems (global poverty, disease, war and so on).
Fractured and fighting among ourselves, we are small, petty, selfish, and weak.
But together, we can unite with Heaven and conquer all that ails humanity. 😉
(Source Photo: Andy Blumenthal)