We’re seeing it hurtfully in terms of bias, bigotry, and hate all around us:
– Protests, outright hostility, and violence (some sponsored) between left and right.
– Calls for justice to “Lock her up” and defiant calls of “Not my President!”
– Labeling of people as bigots and racists amidst calls to “Make America Great Again.”
– Powerful political machines, operatives, media handlers, fundraising, advertising, and big data to “get out the vote” for your candidate.
– Gender glass ceilings, pay differentials, and inequality going up against the hope of a first female President of the United States.
– Growing income and wealth inequality of the elites and trade imbalances with other nations amidst Occupy Wall Street and a nostalgia to return our manufacturing, jobs, and main street to America.
Divisiveness of race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, wealth and more are showing up in the positioning of people along the broad political spectrum.
This spectrum spans from ultimate control and dictatorship to outright chaos and anarchy, and with lots of options in between.
So where do you fall on the political spectrum yesterday, today, and how about tomorrow? 😉
(Source Graphic: Andy Blumenthal)