Some thoughts today on what is wisdom:
– Knowing you know nothing–and you can prove it (ah, humility)!
– Knowing when to ask–like the infamous directions when you’re lost or how to use the latest new technology.
– Learning from all others (everyone has something they can teach us).
– Wisdom = Knowledge + Experience (you’ve gotten an inkling about some truth out there, and you’ve had a chance to test it out).
– Seeing that people’s outer bodies are just the superficial, material cover for their inner souls.
– Realizing that doing for others is so much more rewarding than doing for ourselves.
– Following the great truths of morality and responsibility.
– Keen awareness that we are not alone in the universe–G-d is everywhere.
(Source Graphic: Andy Blumenthal)