I saw this sign posted at an organization’s office.
I thought it was a nice way to motivate people working there.
“What people are saying:
You are making a difference.”
Later in the sign, it says:
“The work you do is important.”
Isn’t this really what is critical to people–that what they do is important.
Yes, we need to earn a living and pay our bills.
And sure, we’d like something left over to save for a rainy day.
But our lives are more than materialism.
We are spiritual beings inside.
At the pinnacle, we need to know that our lives mean something!
– That we are touching people’s lives.
– That we will be remembered for the good we did.
– That our good deeds and words will live on.
– That our children and grandchildren and great-grandchildren (etc.) will carry the lessons and message forward.
– That we’ve contributed in some meaningful way to the fight of good over evil in this world and the next.
– That we’ve shown proper respect and worship to our L-rd/Maker/Sustainer.
When we make a difference, it’s about so much more than what money can buy.
It’s about our soul, our contribution, and even destiny. 😉
(Source Photo: Andy Blumenthal)