I heard a great presentation on change management.
Some highlights I really liked:
– U.S. Army War College in developing high performance leaders seeks to develop competency to operate in an “VUCA” environment:
– The key is NOT to get “emotionally/amygdala hijacked” where our “reptilian brain” in response to threats jumps to:
Fight, Flight, or Freeze
– Instead, we need to manage change methodically as “transitions” (which are personal and emotional) so that we understand that:
Every Ending is a New Beginning
(G-d does not close one door without opening a new one for us.)
– When one thing in life comes to an end, this is where there is enormous potential for growth in:
The Reinvention of Ourselves
Release the emotions and be ready to move on!
– In short, it can be difficult to accept change unless we realize that:
Problems = Opportunities
And this is the critical place where we can try new things and learn and grow.
(Source Photo: Andy Blumenthal)