So I saw a smart video about which are the best jobs.
They are not the ones that just pay the most!
Here are the three criteria to look for in your next dream job (aside from the money):
1) Autonomy – Work that is self-directed provides satisfaction that jobs that are closely or micro-managed do not.
2) Mastery – Jobs that allow you get better at them over time (technical proficiency) provide a sense of mastery and self-respect.
3) Purpose – When you have a deep sense of purpose and meaning from your work there is simply no greater motivator and satisfier than this.
I’d also add that the best places to work are the ones with:
- The best bosses and the nicest people
- A solid balance for work and life
Overall, if we can reconnect the profit motive with the purpose motive then we have truly have the best jobs out there. 😉
(Credit Photo: Andy Blumenthal)