I took this photo of an advertisement for the “I’m With Stupid” Minions movie released on February 2.
– Russian-backed separatists in Ukraine forcibly take over the besieged city of Debaltseve in Ukraine, after the ceasefire that was agreed to last week.
– China builds four new fortress artificial islands in the South China Sea projecting it’s military might in disputed waters.
– Iran threatens gas embargo on U.S., suicide missions on U.S. Navy, missile attack on Israel, and nuclear enrichment expansion, while negotiating for lifting sanctions.
– Syrian fighting leaves over 250,000 dead and includes their “systematically” using chemical weapons.
– ISIS burns another 45 people alive in Iraq, beheads 21 Coptic Christians abducted from Egypt, and commits mass “brutal and abnormal sex” on female captives.
– Boko Haram attack leaves another 2,000 dead in Nigeria (the world’s 4th largest democracy) with “bodies scattered everywhere.”
– Radical Islamists conduct terrors attacks in Europe in both France (Charlie Hebdo Magazine and a Jewish grocery store) and Copenhagen (a free speech event and a Synagogue).
– Dangerous terrorists apprehended and put away in Guantanamo detention facility are then released with about 28% (or more) returning to their chosen terror professions.
Daniel Henninger in the Wall Street Journal points to this sorry state of affairs and our retrenchment in world affairs, as a serious misalignment between the age-old guns and butter debate.
Maybe time for some smart people to get in on things. 😉
(Source Photo: Andy Blumenthal)