So we’ve become a nation that only seems to be moving, but yet is heading nowhere fast.
Shock and awe and “sound and fury, signifying nothing.”
Think about it!
Where are we going?
– Are we growing, innovating, leading.
– Are we spreading our ideals of freedom, human rights, and democracy.
– Are we a nation the defends those in need and is a refuge for those under duress.
– Are we a country that is safe and secure from threats external and internal.
– Are we united and heading in a clear direction with a strategy and making incremental steps towards our goals.
– Where are we on critical programs for the future from genuinely protecting our environment with binding agreements to investments in our space program to discover, travel, and build our destiny beyond just here.
– Do we have the love and respect of our friends and the fear of those that are against our way of life.
– Are the decisions that are being made bringing together those from across the political aisle and are they particularly fruitful in terms of making a real difference in people’s lives or in our future.
– Why is the system so broken and we don’t even hear any real ideas anymore about how to fix it.
– Why do we hear about Obamacare, trade deals, deals with Iran, deals over global warming, deals over Syria, budget deals, yet don’t see or feel any tangible differences in our lives–or feel any passion from those making the decisions.
– Where is the grand vision to really put a man on Mars, solve poverty, or cure cancer.
– Why is Russia grabbing what they want with Crimea, planning a permanent station on the moon, and creating air and naval bases in Syria and we can’t even train some rebels to fight.
– Why are we afraid to call radical Islamic terrorism what it is and to fight them over there before they come over here.
– Why do we bounce back and forth unable to overcome basic problems like with our flailing education system first centralizing federally with “No Child Left Behind” and then decentralizing to the States with “Every Student Succeeds.”
– Why do we reign in the budget one year with Sequestration only to expand the budget with unpaid tax cuts the next.
– Why do we call for a strong military and then cut their budget and undercut their mandate to get their job done.
– Why do we stress the importance of cybersecurity, but then lose the security clearances and personnel information of the entire federal, intelligence, and military workforce.
– Why do we let in terrorists and criminals to our country and are then surprised when they commit violent acts against our people.
– Why do we hurt allies and embrace enemies.
– Why do we stymie debate and opposition disrespecting others, calling them horrible names, threatening them, and working to destroy them instead of embracing healthy debate and compromise.
– Why do we claim transparency, but then hide behind obscurity.
This could be the list that never ends, which goes on and on my friends, some rationale people started asking common sense questions, not knowing how broken this system was, and they’ll just keep questioning it forever just because…it makes no sense. 😉
(Source Photo: Andy Blumenthal)