So today, we saw the movie American Sniper, which topped the long weekend box office with over $105 million in receipts.
Why are people loving this movie?
Because Chris Kyle (played by Bradley Cooper) was a true patriot, and as a Navy Seal sniper fought the war on terror with 4 tours of duty overseas and over 160 confirmed kills.
Chris Kyle loved this country and what it stands for and he loved his fellow warfighters, who gave so much of themselves to protect this nation.
The people of our country are watching the world events unfold with one terrorist attack and atrocity after another…and they are aghast at how we have apparently gone soft when we are still at war!
– Iran misses deadline after deadline for disarming their nuclear WMD program, and rather than leading the charge on sanctions, instead there is a vow to veto both houses of Congress on any legislation that even threatens sanctions that would only take effect if they fail to reach a deal by the July 2015 deadline.
– Al Qaeda conducts series of horrific terrorist attacks in Paris on Charlie Hebdo magazine and a kosher grocery store, and 40 world leaders and millions of citizens come together for a Unity Rally, but our leadership bows out of attending, instead of being arm-in-arm with our allies such as France, Germany, England, and Israel.
Hamas rains thousands of missiles indiscriminately on Israeli cities and digs terror tunnels to abduct and murder across the country, and in the ultimate hypocrisy of justice, the International Criminal Court protects the terrorists and investigates our ally for defending themselves in a 50-day war against those who vow to destroy them.
– ISIS is capturing huge swaths of Iraq and Syria and is murdering and torturing the populace and beheading our journalists and aid workers and our response is tepid and inadequate.
– The Taliban slaughter 145 mostly schoolchildren in Pakistan and where is our indignation?
– Boko Haram kidnaps hundreds of Nigerian schoolgirls and they threaten to sell them and we hold up signs to “Bring Back Our Girls,” but where is the action to actually free them.
– With terrorists hunted down and captured–at great risk to our own military and intelligence men and women–and held at Guantanamo Bay Naval Base, instead of locking them up and throwing away the keys, we are releasing them, while many yet return to perform more terrorist activities against us.
These are just a few to mention…yet where is the outrage at all the ongoing terrorism around us? Where is the determined action to protect our people, freedom and democracy?
We need to honor those who fought for this country–like patriot Chris Kyle–and decisively win this war on terror. Anything less is a losing strategy. 😉
(Source Photo: Andy Blumenthal)