1. When I was kayaking, a guy in another boat races after us. He yells out about his wife leaving her keys in the boat. He gets so excited he falls in the lake…this really happened.
2. A couple getting married in the park are taking pictures by the lake. The photographer eggs the lady on to go down to the bank of the water with her new adoring husband. She hesitates, but finally gives in and then falls on her butt in the mud in her beautiful gown… oops.
3. This must’ve been the weekend for outdoor weddings, because we saw another couple getting married on the hiking trail’s overlook. It was a beautiful place for a ceremony and quite economical too. We wondered what they had planned if the weather hadn’t cooperated and it had rained–perhaps, “Ah, why don’t we get married next week instead!”
4. A couple comes up to me asking if I’ve seen their lost dog. They are screaming into the woods to see if they can locate the Airedale Terrier, Rosie. I asked what happened to their dog, and they explain that the dog saw some deer and chased after them into the woods and didn’t come back. They are there with their extended family with walkie-talkies and all searching and putting up signs. The next day, I am surprised to see the lady sitting on a stoop in the woods with the dog wagging its tail. I ask if this is the lost dog and what happened. And she tells me how the dog found its way out of this enormous park and walked along the side of the road home, until the neighbors sighted her and called them with the news.
5. And finally in this video, I just sort of spontaneously burst out into serenading this lovely lady. All’s well that ends well. 😉