So we turned the clock forward this morning and spring was here…it was warm enough to go hiking again. It was a long one, but great to be back outdoors.
After the hike we stopped at Max’s in Silver Spring for their famous shawarma sandwiches…OMG are they amazingly good (I got mine extra spicy and mixed with the tahini sauce and fresh meat right off the spit…it is delicious!
After paying, I noticed there was this beautiful wall hanging between the register and pickup counter…I started to take a closer look and there were these gorgeous scenes from the bible:
– Creation and the 7th Day of Rest
– Adam and Eve in the Garden of Eden
– Noah and The Ark, Cain and Abel, The Tower of Babel, and Abraham
– Joseph, Moses, The Exodus from Egypt, and The Ten Commandments
– The Promised Land of Israel, The Fall of Jericho, King David, The Temple, Hezekiah, and Jonah and The Whale
The detail, colors, and flow on this artwork was absolutely amazing.
It is called “A Celebration of Spirit” and I believe that the artist is Charles Fazzino.
The lithograph was tall and narrow, and I would love to see it as a whole wall mural…it is really beautiful and brought the bible so alive.
I found out today that not only the shawarma is good at Max’s… 😉