(Source Photos: Andy Blumenthal)
Tonight is Purim and it’s a holiday of joy and celebration.
It commemorates when the Jews where saved from Destruction by the Persian Empire and the evil Haman as told in the Megillah Esther.
So on Purim, we dress up and make fun and it this vein of humor that I post this sign about religions of the world.
– Taoism: Sh*t happens.
– Buddhism: If sh*t happens, it really isn’t sh*t.
– Hinduism: This sh*t has happened before.
– Islam: If sh*t happens, it is the will of Allah.
– Catholicism: Sh*t happens because you deserve it.
– Protestantism: Work harder or sh*t will happen.
– Judaism: Why does this sh*t always happen to us?
It’s funny how each religion of the world has a perspective on life.
Are we all so really different?
Maybe we have more in common than not.
The hope and prayer is that the true evil Hamans out there utterly perish, and that for all good and decent people–whatever your religion and perspective in this world–may we all get along as loving brothers and sisters, and let there be true peace for all of us! 😉
(Source Photo: here with attribution to RamblingsDC)