I think that the Iranian ballistic missile attack on the American bases in Iraq was basically a sham and done in such a way, thank G-d, as to inflict minimal damage and causalities.
- The Iranians needed to make a show that they were getting revenge on the United States to appease their radical terrorist base for the killing of arch terrorist, General Soleimani.
- President Trump had already threatened 52 Iranian sites if they retaliated.
- Iran choose a very limited response hitting 2 military bases in Iraq — 10 missiles striking one base, 1 missile striking another, and 4 missiles (26%) that failed!
- There were no American causalities!
- Iran immediately stated that the country had taken “and concluded proportionate measures” — they are not looking for further escalation!
The Iranians are smart not to provoke the U.S. any further.
They may just have dodged a VERY BIG hit on their military.
The matter of weapons of mass destruction in the hands of the Ayatollahs remains an outstanding issue that MUST BE resolved once and for all even as we hope and pray for peace and security to prevail for the long term. 😉