Similar to the Movie, “The Stoning of Soraya M.”–only this is real life footage.
A 17-year old girl ambushed by crowd of men, savagely kicked and beaten, and stoned to death with a large cinderblock finally slammed onto her head.
All the while, the men are taking photos and videos with their smartphones.
And playing with her skirt up and down in some perverted way while the blood is gushing out of her skull.
Supposedly for loving the “wrong” boy.
Who does something like this?
Can some people be so religiously brainwashed as to think this can be “right”?
Where are people’s inner conscience and moral compass?
As ISIS beheads and burns alive their opponents, Boko Haram hacks off people’s limbs and takes young girls as sex slaves, Al Qaeda conducts countless suicide bombings, Syria gases their own people, and Iran outmaneuvers the West toward a nuclear bomb to annihilate their enemies…we had better take very seriously what we are dealing with.
Shouldn’t any deal we make seek to genuinely change these behaviors rather than make a deal for deal’s sake?
We need to wake up before the warnings that we are witnessing from afar become lessons here at home.
We need a genuine and verifiable peace–oh G-d let it be!
This is the crux of the problem with the verification clause in the Iran Nuclear WMD Deal.
In a nutshell:
“Can I check your suspected site for dangerous nuclear WMD?”
“Ok, I’ll come back in 24 days.”
“Great, thank you–have a nice day.”
(Source Photo: here with attribution to Chaim Haberfeld, Facebook)
So I’ve been giving this a lot of thought…
Why would the United States make a bad deal with Iran?
– Where Iran gets to keep their nuke infrastructure.
– Where they get restrictions for a mere 10-15 years and then presumably get the coveted BOMB.
– Where “managed access” for inspections has a ridiculous 24 days waiting time.
– Where the arms and ballistic missile embargo is lifted.
– Where Iran gets a windfall of $150 billion released to them for which they acknowledge they will tap for use to support terror worldwide.
– Where Iran’s leadership continues to chant “Death To America,” burn our flag and President in effigy, hold Americans hostage, threaten us, and insist that their hatred and fight against us will go on.
Are we going crazy?
No, there is actually a rational reason for all this.
So what’s the reason–let me explain from my simple-minded thinking about all this (follow carefully)?
Iran is a Shiite nation.
Shiite’s make up only a small percentage of the Islamic world around 15% (or 200 million).
However, the Sunnis make up the other 1 billion Muslims.
The Sunnis are moving through terrorist movements such as ISIS, Al Qaeda, Boko Haram, Hamas and more to create a Sunni Caliphate throughout the Middle East and North Africa (and maybe beyond).
The Western world fears the terror and destruction that can come about from a Sunni Caliphate.
Also, on 9/11, The U.S. was attacked by Al Qaeda (Sunnis) and where 15 of the 19 hijackers were from Saudi Arabia (a Sunni Country).
The answer is the enemy of my enemy is my friend…Iran.
Iran is the largest Shiite Country with it’s own ambitions for a Shiite Caliphate.
Arming and funding Iran is a bulwark against the predominant Sunnis and their ambitions for power and hegemony.
Notably, guess what? Iraq is another country with a large Shiite population, like Iran.
Hence, this is why the U.S. went into Iraq to dethrone Saddam Hussein, a Sunni, who was holding power over the Shiite population–now the Shiites there are in power.
Voila, Shiites in Iran and neighboring Iraq empowered to fight Sunnis.
They mostly terrorize and murder each other instead of seriously battling the West.
Since 9/11, there has not been a major terrorist attack on the U.S.
And if Iran is on the road to the Bomb, and this sparks a nuclear arms race in the Middle East with Saudi Arabia etc., perhaps the thinking…maybe that’s not such a bad thing after all.
Unfortunately, Israel who is threatened by a nuclear-armed Iran who explicitly wants to “annihilate” them is caught in the middle of all this.
But the West is more concerned with the Sunnis and Shiites battling it out, then with the fate of Israel, who we figure can be placated with some “compensation” armaments to protect themselves.
But is that enough for a country where one nuclear missile hit can mean a second Holocaust?
I am not a conspiracy theorist and never have been.
But this seems too easy. ;-)
(All Opinions My Own)
(Source Photo: Andy Blumenthal)
Everyone rightly, although somewhat selfishly, is worried about identity theft and the compromised privacy of their information.
The government is worried about hostile nation states using the pilfered information to bribe or coerce military, intelligence, high-level politicals, and others to turn and work for them or otherwise to use against them.
But what is grossly missing in this discussion is not what information presumably the Chinese stole and how they will use it against us, but rather what information they inserted, altered, or otherwise compromised into the OPM personnel and security databases when they got root access to it.
Imagine for a moment what could hostile nations or terrorists can do to this crown jewel database of personnel and security information:
– They could insert phony records for spies, moles, or other dangerous persons into the database–voila, these people are now “federal employees” and perhaps with stellar performance records and high level security clearances able to penetrate the depths of the federal government with impunity or even as superstars!
– They could alter personnel or security records taking prominent or good government employees and sabotaging them to have questionable histories, contacts, financial, drug or criminal problems and thereby frame or take-down key government figures or divert attention from the real bad guys out there and tie our homeland security and law enforcement establishment in knots chasing after phony leads and false wrongdoers and villains.
Given that the timeline of the hack of OPM goes back to March and December 2014, this was more than enough time for our adversary to not only do to our data what they want, but also for the backup tapes to be affected by the corrupt data entering the system.
The damage done to U.S. national security is unimaginable. As is typically the case with these things, “An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.” Instead of investing in security, now we can invest in “credit monitoring and identity theft protection” for a very sparse three years, while federal employees will go a lifetime in information jeopardy, and the federal government will be literally chasing its tail on personnel security for decades to come.
With the price so low to our adversaries in attacking our systems, it truly is like stealing and much more. ;-)
(Source Photo: Andy Blumenthal)
– No more answering questions about their past nuclear WMD activities.
– No more gradual sanctions relief.
– No more giving up all their spinning centrifuges.
– No more anywhere, anytime inspections of suspicious military sites.
Actually, this is all quite amazing!
And at the same time as Iran doesn’t give a real inch toward what the West wants, their negotiators are now throwing in yet more of what they want and that includes doubling their oil sales immediately and the removal of the arms and ballistic missile embargo.
Hey, if you are the Iranians in the negotiations–ask and ye shall receive.
But what about what we should be asking for, but are not:
1) Iran needs to give up and dismantle their infrastructure for producing nuclear weapons–ALL of it, period. Isn’t it obvious that Iran having nukes is inevitable if they are allowed to continue to be permitted to have some nuke capability in plain sight and the rest conducted in hiding out of our limited inspections purview?
2) Iran must cease being the leading state sponsor of terrorism world-wide or for that matter any sponsor of terrorism–that is not how civilized nations behave! How can Iran be trusted on any nuke agreement as long as they continue to murder and terrorize innocents just as part of what they do. Just as an example, does anyone remember the 242 U.S. Marines killed in the Beirut barracks bombing. What happened to “We don’t negotiate with terrorists”?
3) Iran cannot continue their overt hatred of the West, while pretending to negotiate an end to sanctions. Chanting “Death to America” (and Israel), burning our flag and our President in effigy, calling us their worst enemy, and threatening to attack and annihilate them is not in spirit of negotiating an agreement, is it? Again, where is foundation for trust here to even make an agreement?
4) Iran can’t deny the truth of the Holocaust and the murder of six million innocent Jewish people in the most cruel ways just 70 years ago and simultaneously sit at the table today with world leaders in suits and ties and smiles, pretending to make a verifiable agreement that means anything.
While we all want true world peace, this leopard has not at all changed its stripes.
The words “Never Again” are not just an empty saying, but rather they are a commitment that all good and decent people must take upon themselves to ensure that hatred, terror, and evil are no longer permitted in the league of civilized nations.
The devil always presents himself in an appealing way, but as history has shown over and over again, he never fails to hurt those who try to appease him.
May G-d guide the leaders of this great nation with wisdom and to see those with whom they negotiate for who they really are–and may a true peace reign in our times.
(All opinions my own.)
(Source Photo: Andy Blumenthal)
I would imagine that very soon there will be ATA-boys, pats on the back and high-fives, photo ops, more gushing smiles, and of course the coveted Noble Peace Prize.
But as we move ever closer to a deal with Iran on Nuclear Weapons Of Mass Destruction all I feel is complete dread.
I wish I could be happy–really I do–because we had a strong and verifiable deal that protected us all, but instead…
I am afraid for the State of Israel–holy to Jews, Christians, and Muslims around the world–as a nuclear capable Iran and their terrorist proxies renew vows to annihilate Israel–only 70 years after the Holocaust that erased 6 million Jewish lives, their souls rising in the billowing smoke of the furnaces of the Nazi crematoria.
Further, I am afraid for the dimming prospects of true world peace based on the tacit acceptance of an eventual nuclear-armed Iranian regime, still the leading state sponsor of world-wide terrorism.
Every day, we are bombarded by a cacophony of what seems an unending litany of concessions to Iran:
1) Today, the latest is that Iran wants a complete lifting of the U.N. arms embargo including ballistic missiles.
2) Yesterday, it was that Iran wants an immediate doubling of oil exports.
3) Last week, it was that rather than gradual sanctions relief for compliance, instead now Iran would get a $150 billion signing bonus – that is 25 times the annual budget of Iran’s elite Revolutionary Guard and could be used to finance and carry out yet more global terrorism.
4) And that for vital inspections for nuke compliance, “anytime, anywhere, unimpeded” of suspicious military sites would now only be a highly watered down “managed access” of inspections.
5) Three weeks ago, the U.S. said that Iran no longer needs to account for the past nuclear weapons research that world representatives from the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA), had been trying to pry out of them for than a decade.
6) In March, as part of the framework deal, we learned that Iran’s freeze on sensitive nuclear activities would only be 10 years, and even that Iran was calling “unaceptable.”
7) Moreover in March, we learned that despite any agreement, Iran was continuing to pursue banned items for nukes and the missiles to deliver them.
In April, we were reminded of the dangers of failed nuclear agreements when China warned about North Korea’s ever expanding nuke arsenal, which critics have pointed out mimics that of the deal with Iran.
Aside from the dangerous weaknesses in the emerging deal, Iran’s hatred for the United States is unmitigated as a general in Iran said just last week that the U.S. remains “our worst, most vicious enemy.”
Moreover, as Iran’s Parlimant bans access to its military sites, they continue unabated their generational old chant of “death to America.”
In these fateful times, when our decisions now will affect the lives of untold millions in the future, let us pray for G-d’s mercy.
May the L-rd above bestow the strength of good character, wisdom of our ancestors, and the fortitude of our great heros to ensure a good deal–or no deal at all–with our avowed and undetered enemy–and may he bring a true peace to us all.
(Source Photo: Andy Blumenthal)