This just seemed so perfect for election day this year.
With the country torn asunder between left and right.
We are the grateful dead of the U.S. of A.
– Our political system is stymied and our representatives are only self-minded.
The integrity of our founding fathers has vanished and last century’s great national hope has languished.
Cause the liberals hate the conservatives.
And the conservatives hate the liberals.
All of my folks hate all of your folks, and everyone blames the Jews.
– The Constitution has become malarkey, and the Bill of Rights now makes people snarky.
Polarization and they’re a lyin’, fake news and no one is even tryin’.
It’s either my way or the highway, and everyone else can go to h*ll.
– Throw a fit and curse your neighbor, chase the opposition to the wayward.
Know that threats and violence are better than silence, and resistance means persistence.
How could this have even happened, and you’re all on the wrong side of history.
– Are we making things great, and they’re only about hate.
Or are they racist deplorables, and we’re the self-righteous ennobles.
From the economy to trade wars, and from immigration to healthcare.
Why is it that we can’t listen, negotiate, compromise, and play fair.
– I don’t know why we’re even having an election.
When we only want to defeat the opposition.
Cause the Democrats hate the Republicans.
And the Republicans hate the Democrats.
All of the Obamanicks hate the Trumpeans, and vice versa is certainly true too.
– It’s up to everyone to put the country first and stop the bickering and the hate.
Practice patriotism and nationalism, tear down the walls so progress does not stall.
No one is all right and no one is all wrong, instead we’ve got to come together and just let everyone belong.
(Source Photo: Andy Blumenthal)