It’s so hard to come up with just the right domain name, especially when the landscape already seems so busy.
How are you to know what’s already out there, what’s available, and what’s original?
Panabee.com is a “brainstorming engine for finding cool names and checking domain availability.”
I tested it out and it gives you lots of useful information, including:
– Interesting variations (by prepend, append, swapping, even spelling backwards, and more)
– Related terms (each of which can be clicked on to continue brainstorming a name)
– Translations (in over 2 dozen languages from Afrikaans to Welsh)
– Alternate endings (including .net, .biz, .org, country extensions, etc.)
– Inspiration from social media (such as Facebook, Twitter, Wikipedia, and Google–entries, terms, and mentions)
In terms of the availability of suggestions, these are indicated in a dashboard type fashion with green 🙂 or red 😦 to make it easy to see what’s what.
Finally, there is a link to Go Daddy to “buy [the Domain Name] now for $7.49 before somebody else does.”
Overall, I found Panabee to be a useful tool to come up with innovative domain names and thereby help us start up new and exciting ventures on the web.