So someone asked me a very deep personal question.
“If you had $20 million dollars and could do whatever you want (be whoever you want), what would that be?”
I was on the spot a little and didn’t have time to introspect the way I like to do, and I gave an answer that I really wasn’t happy with…and it’s been bothering me since.
So sitting down now and really thinking about who I want to be–this is my real answer:
As a composite person, I want to have the:
– Lovingkindness of Mother Teresa
– Serenity of the Dalai Lama
– Spirituality of Moses
– Determination of Rocky
– Leadership of Rick Grimes
– Strength of Samson
– Agility of Bruce Lee
– Intellect of Sigmund Freud
– Understanding of Albert Einstein
– Ingenuity of Steve Jobs
– Inquisitiveness of Capt. James T. Kirk
– Bravery of those martyred in the Holocaust
– Heroism of Prime Minister Bibi Netanyahu
– Beauty of my wife and daughters
– The integrity of my dear father, Fred Blumenthal
What would I want to do–just simple things like:
– Cure Cancer, Parkinsons, ALS, etc.
– Eliminate poverty
– Herald in world peace
– Help/comfort those that are hurt and suffering
– Make people smile/happy
– Be a good person with integrity in all situations
I could probably go on and on, but generally this is what life means to me.
Maybe today, I ain’t the smartest or fastest or strongest, but I have dreams, hopes, and aspirations.
If that isn’t good enough, well at least I have a heart and a soul. 😉
(Source Photo: Dannielle Blumenthal)