Aside from the cholesterol, generally speaking two eggs are better than one.Two eggs here, as you can see, are two friends–in it together, working together, putting their heads together, sharing life together.My father always told me that with that special someone the joys in life are twice the joy, and the sorrow in life is half the sorry–he is a smart man!
When it comes to friendships though, I have learned there are many types of friends and we have different names or references for them:
– Childhood friends–“We go way back.”
– Best friends forever–or BFF; often you’ll see this on bracelet charms, necklaces, or even t-shirts–this is reserved for your closest buds.
– High school sweethearts–“first comes friends, then comes marriage, and then comes a baby in the baby carriage.”
– Confidant friend(s)–these are people we feel we can talk to, connect with, and trust with our personal and emotional secrets. Ummm, don’t tell, but…
– Neighbor friends–you live near or next to each other, so might as well bring over some welcome muffins or borrow some sugar–then again, “tall fences, make good neighbors.”
– Casual friends–these are friends you keep in touch with “every so often” and share some laughs or have a “cold one” with.
– On again off again friends–people you are friends with one minute and alienated from the next–often an endless cycle–you like somethings about the person and other things drive you mad!
– Work friends –these are associates that you work with day in and out–40, 50, 60 hours a week or more–and who you share work experiences, challenges, projects, and sometimes frustrations with–and don’t forget “happy hour”.
– Friends with benefits–this is a naughty friendship and is what it sounds like–at your own foolhardy risk!
– Marriage partner and best friends–the most fortunate people are those who find their “beshert”–the one true one that they are destined to be with–and who is not only their life partner, but their soulmate and best friend.
Good luck finding and keeping your friends of all types–these are precious and make life worth living.
(Source Photo: Meme shared with me)