- The more things change, the more they stay the same; even though the technologies may change, the people and process issues still need to be dealt with.
- You can’t just role out new technology and expect that people will just “catch on”; what’s intuitive to one person is not necessarily intuitive to another.
- Different people learn in different ways; some can read a manual, others need more human interaction or hands-on training.
- Communication is critical to progress; we need to listen to others before we can effectively solve their problems.
- Learning needs to be repetitive; once is often not enough.
- Training needs to be part of every technology rollout.
- People, process, and technology need to be unified to bring results; otherwise the “new” technology may just end up sitting there.
- Many people are afraid of and/or resistant to change, and we need to be compassionate, empathetic, and help bring people along, always!